Saturday, April 4, 2009

Rottnest Island!!

Monday - day six:

On Monday morning we got up Super dooper early to be picked up by Shane. We were off to Rottnest Island for the day!!! YAY! Exciting stuff - have always wanted to go here - have heard how amazingly beautiful it is over there so couldn't wait!!

We left from Hilary's boat harbour on the boat...

...here we are before we boarded the boat!

It takes about 40 minutes or so on the boat to get to Rottnest...

..here we are chillin' on the boat...

tongues!

WOO welcome to Rottnest Island!! This pic of me and the mares is pretty cool - love the sun shining on the water! It looked gorgeous!!

We headed off to the bike centre to hire some bikes out for the day so we could ride around the island. I was a little wary of this idea as I haven't ridden a bike in many years...and I'm not the best bike rider....
...but here I am in my helmet...

...and Mary with her helmet!!


Ok so the whole "me not being a good bike rider" came in to play when we went a little "off-road" (off the main road and on to a back one we apparently weren't meant to be on...). And then there was a hill, and then there was a scream, and then there was sand in my face, and then there was a sore shoulder and bunged up toe, and then there was a bunged up bike!!!


ow!!

My toe all bandaged up nicely! he he

After that catastrophe where I was taking to the nurses post and bandaged up, and Mary and Shane were left in the middle of the island for an hour or so waiting for the bike people to come get my bike, in about 42 degree heat (I think they nearly died), we met up again and headed back to this gorgeous little spot for a swim!!



So pretty!!

Me and Mares swimming at Rottnest :-)



We then headed back in to the "town" centre - Mary and Shane riding,
me walking ( hehe oops!)




We saw Some Quokkas!! Native animals only found on Rottnest Island...


Walked past the nursing post where I was taken...


Found a map in Red Rooster, and we found the spot on
the Island where I stacked it!! he he




Then we headed back to the boat to head back to Hilary's after our fun filled, and adventure packed day!!


Bye bye Rottnest!!!


After getting back to Shaun's house, we bummed out and hung around and watched some movies - just had a nice relaxing night of hanging out!



Six days down - One to go!

2 comments:

Claire said...

How on EARTH did you manage to do that much damage to the bike!!! Crazy rider!!!!

Chelsea Parsons said...

oh this made me laugh soooo much! Well done Milla!!!!