Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Monday expedition

On Easter Monday a group of YSA from Launceston (plus me and Coll - but we are counted as Launnie YSA anyway!!) set off on a journey to the East coast of this beautiful isle of Tasmania.  We were going for a hike in to Wineglass Bay.

We set off in two cars (as there were ten of us).

Here we have the group in the Jazz...

Coll, myself, Jack, Sam and Dale


Before we left Laun, we had a supermarket stop...

Jack bought some gross looking juice...
apparently it didn't taste that great either!


We made a stop in Campbell town...

Me and Coll gracing the streets of C-town!

Jack bought some love heart lollies from the lolly shop.  He was giving one to everyone in the car - the one that described them...

...I think this one he ate himself - ha ha!


Here we are in the carpark all set and ready to go!!  We had survived Collette nearly killing us (damn that driver who was going like 100 in a 50 zone!!), making enemies with the white van by pulling in front of it three times (I think they pretty much hated us!), and packing all the food we had bought in to the backpacks (the boys very cleverly did NOT bring bags with them - silly boys!!)


We set off the long way in - by going around and ending up on Hazards beach before Wineglass bay...

Many photos of the group taken along the way...

This one is pretty cool - I love how I am hiding in the bushes!!

Gorgeous views to make the walk worthwhile!

We eventually split in to two groups - one fast, one slow (thanks for keeping me company in the slow group guys!!)

Here is the slow group (minus Coll who is taking the photo) 
doing the tree photo!

Hazards beach


Footprints in the sand...


 Beautiful!

The girlies on Hazards Beach!

We kept on the walk through the path that takes us to wineglass....and here it is!!


Milla & Coll at wineglass bay!!


Its so pretty!

Lunch break - everyone doing the "wineglass" signal 
- thanks for that one Jack!!

Jumping photos - we tried this at least ten times - I think more!!  
We were pretty unsuccessful!


Haha - the group posing on the beach!!

Sac and her handy dandy tripod that made all 
our group shots so much easier!!

Off we go about to start the climb to the lookout!

Rest stop number one on the climb!!

We made it to the top!!

Ten Tassie YSA at the top of wineglass - isn't it awesome?!




The girls on the curvy seat!!

Girls at the top!

 Holding up the "wave" rock!


We were all pretty tired!!

Here we are having a sleep in the Jazz on the way home...

...even our driver!!

We made a stop in at Elephant Pass to get some pancakes...


The cool elephant chairs!!


And here we have Dale with his chocolate pancake!!


And to top the day off....

...a SOUR SQUIRM photo!!!!

5 comments:

kimmers said...

Wow you have some gorgeous pics!!! :)

Collette said...

haha I JUST blogged this without seeing yours and they are pretty much the same except yours has WAY more detail...haha...great day!

Nettie's Blog said...

OHHH i miss you guys ...and love that you are all doing great things together to in the hols ...so nice to see that blue ocean and white white sand... gotta love our state of Tassie..no better place to be...Thanks for the hike via the pics i enjoyed every step and the air was so amazingly fresh...i am breathing deep right now... LOL

Hannah Challis said...

This is one walk I WANNA DO but have never done it.... how can i be Tasmanian if i have never walked to Wineglass bay.... its just not right!!!! I'm doing it when I get back!! lol

Camilla Mitchell said...

Han - I had never done it either! It was my first time in to Wineglass! Everyone else who came had been multiple times before - you should do it - it's beautiful!! And if I can do it then anyone can do it!! :-)