- Basketball every thursday night - I love basketball! Which is so funny because I used to hate playing - but now that I have been taught how to play (I'm still not very good) I thoroughly enjoy it!
- Institute every thursday night (that basketball doesn't fall at the same time) - I love love love love LOVE tute this year! It is awesome. Sister Barnes is an amazing teacher and she just has a way of being able to make us discuss and share our true and honest opinions with each other - its so spiritual and I learn so much from it!
- First weekend in March (7 + 8) went to Launceston for a couple of days with Matty and Nic to visit the parents. It was the weekend of the multi-stake youth convention so uncle garry and aunty deb were up as well. Funny story that happened while there...dad was out fiddling with something in the garden cleaning some algae from the water fountain thingo. A couple of hours later someone happens to walk past the fountain and notices this...

Dad had put bleach in the fountain to kill the algae, but because the fountain has running water in it, the bleach all bubbled up!! It stayed like this for the whole night and had gone down a bit in the morning! Funny stuff! :-)
- We had a BBQ at Matty's on the 8th - public holiday! Was fun to all just hang out and muck around eating food. We had a big session of guitar hero afterwards and played the guitars and drum for ages! Lots of fun!
- A new nephew was born! Beth gave birth to a baby boy, Asher Mitchell, on March 11
- Birds of Tokyo!!! They were playing at the uni bar, so me, Chris, Jess and Kyle went along - so so so good! They were awesome, I really enjoyed them!
- A Hobart ward ysa potluck dinner/BBQ and fireside - on the topic of Saving the Rising Generation, given by Bishop Smith - followed by a random game of glow-in-the-dark frisbee down at the uni soccer oval! So much fun - it was pouring with rain - AND the sprinklers were on at the ground - so it was super slippery, but great fun!
- Our first "Packed to the Rafters Party" consisting of myself, Elle and Collette - woo!! And what a party it was, it even consisted of SOUR SQUIRMS!!! (Nice providing there Coll!)
- A Stake YSA fireside which was taken my Maz and Alex - on the topic of how the book of mormon can help us find answer to every day questions and problems we are going through - awesome fireside guys!! After the fireside a group of us headed over t0 the Bluff at Rosny to hang out and do what ysa do - which is generally a whole lot of nothing! haha
- Hogsbreath for dinner on Nicole's Birthday - Happy Birthday Nic :-)
- Our SECOND and FINAL "packed to the rafters party" - our party grew to include me, Coll, Elle, Bek, Fiona and Mick! What a party!! And what an episode - the season final!!
- Uni and Honours is going fantastically! I really really enjoy doing research and how much rule we have over what we do in our Honours projects!! Been getting some awesome results, and one of my results was just included in the paper our lab just submitted for review (so hopefully it gets accepted and published). This means I am the second author on a paper...already!! How cool!!! (Seriously, if you don't really understand this from a scientific point of view...this is AWESOME!!)
This is my desk at uni in our student office - this was back when it was all nice and neat!
Trust me, it doesn't look like this anymore - definitely messier and more lived in these days!!
- Heading to Melbourne for the weekend to meet Asher, which I will do a whole separate post on :-)
So that pretty much sums up my March, and all that I got up to!!


3 comments:
WOWZERS! that was alot of reading! love the bubbling fountain... good idea for a halloween dance!! ah we've done alot the past couple of months hey! yay
well that was a busy month Camilla. You could say it was Packed to the Rafters.
way to go with the paper Camilla. Hope it gets published! I know all about papers getting published with Dave!! Important stuff. I liked your monthly recap!!!!
Post a Comment