For the second half of the week while I was in Sydney, I went and stayed out in Richmond with my oldest friend (time wise) in the whole wide world, Erin Pauna! We grew up together (for four years of our lives) in Tassie, and our parents were great friends. We still catch up with each other every year or two and it's so good to see the Pauna's!
While I was there, I spent the day with Sophia (a friend I met years and years ago in Sydney) while Erin was at work. We randomly decided to have a photo shoot. Soph went all out and boofed her crazy hair, and put on some seriously insane makeup and crazy outfits. I went plain, with the help of a pink cowboy hat and a feather boa!!
While I was staying at the Pauna's I had a super relaxing day on the Friday while Erin was at work (she's a nurse and works weird shift hours ALL the time), where I read and napped and played on the computer and did whatever. I had lunch with Erin's cousin Brook, who I meet about 7 years ago at a TFY in Sydney. Erin and I went to a Richmond ward relief society activity on Fri night, which was really good, and then we hung out at home and watched "Fame".
On saturday I woke up to semi-disaster. The Hawkesbury river, which the Pauna's live next to, had kinda flooded with all the rain overnight, and the pumps and tractors on their property (they live on Polo fields, as Pete, erin's dad, is the grounds manager) were half flooded, and the boys had to rescue them. Which mean that the rest of the Pauna's (Brook's family) came over to help and hang out too, and June (Erin's mum) made us all bacon, eggs and french toast for brekkie!
On saturday night, Soph came over for a sleepover, and we watched 'the house bunny' with Erin.
On sunday I went to Richmond ward and caught up with Rach and Bec Howard, and saw Turi for a little bit, and it was very cool to catch up with all my friends who I had meet years and years ago, but still keep touch with! Then we had pancakes for lunch (mm Pete makes fantastic pancakes!) and Brook took me to the airport so I could catch my flight home.
I was super mad when I got home and realised that I had not taken any photos with the above mentioned people. In fact I took no photos the whole time I was with the Pauna's. But..for your information....these are the people I have talked about...
L-R: Erin, Rach, Bec, Brook.














3 comments:
Your Cowboy hat concerns me :)
i remeber Erin ..she was such a cute little girl with all those curls...love the Pauna's ..lost track when we stopped going to Sydney and went to Brisbane (now they have the Temple and Sarah lives there!!!) i will have to get their address off you and catch up witht them...
i think you have surpassed your self witht he blogging Milla...well done...mmmmwwwwaaahhhh thats a Nettie kiss for ya.
Looks like heaps of fun! you crazy cat!
Post a Comment