
On the 31st January, I headed to Sydney to attend the annual Australian Neuroscience Society (ANS) conference. I went up with my fellow honours students Lila and Nathan, and we met our PhD student Dave there.
Haha, best thing ever. This is Dave's bar. When we saw it we all thought of "High Pressure Liquir Chromatography" which is an experimental technique which Dave uses. Apparently it stands for High Protein Low Carb.
The room of bed. The big bed was meant to get zipped in to two singles for me and Lils, but instead they gave us another bed, which made our room pretty much bed, and nothing else!

Lisa's talk! Lisa is my supervisor, and the majority of her talk was on my work! Excitement. Lisa is on the right hand side.

It's all of us in Lisa's acknowledgements! She gave me a bit of a plug in her talk, for people to come and look at my poster the next day!
More conference
View of Sydney from the top of our motel
The boys' nightly activities. Drinking beer and...
Poster presentation day!

Playing with the shower caps (or Le Bonnet de Douche) as you do...
Lils and I went to the conference dinner. Possibly the scariest and most awkward thing I have ever done in my life!
The conference was great. I felt super grown up going to a neuroscience conference and taking notes and actually understanding a lot of stuff! And it was very very cool having people come up and talk to me about my own work, and being interested and asking questions and asking me to explain some of their own results! Crazy stuff!! I also had an awesome time with Lils, Nath and Dave! They are the best!







1 comment:
Hey Milla. A bit slow on the uptake, but just noticed this post. Sounds awesome, and what an amazing professional you will be (you're still kinda studying right)? PHD?
Anyway, you're awesome and should be proud of all you've achieved xxx
Post a Comment