Saturday - day four:
On the Saturday morning, Mary, Shaun and myself headed off to do some (more!!) shopping - and to spend more money - which we definitely did!!!
After we went shopping, we headed off to Sorento Beach, which is next to Hilary's Boat Harbour. We were having a YSA BBQ with a couple of wards - but I think that the majority of people there were in Shaun's ward, Joondalup ward, and there were a few from Heathridge ward as well.
The day was absolutely gorgeous - the weather perfect, the view beautiful and the water was AMAZINGLY warm!!
This is Sorento Beach....Gorgeous hey?
Two of the girls from Shaun's ward - Tynan and Ray (no idea if I spelt that right...he he). They were awesome!!
After hanging out with every one at the BBQ and going for a swim, and a wander around Hilary's, we headed back to Shaun's to relax and get ready for the night. We were headed off to dinner, a birthday party for one of Shaun's friends, and then off to a YSA birthday party at the chapel.
We had dinner down near the Bell tower...
...this is the cool ferris wheel down there! It looks awesome - we never got around to going on it though - possibly because me and Mary are both kinda scared of heights and we imagined that we would freak out just a tad!!
We caught up with our friend Dwain for dinner - we went to this Indian restaurant, where they cook up a buffet of indian food, and you pay whatever you feel that the meal was worth! It was delicious and a fun dinner with some very amusing stories being told!
After dinner we headed off to the birthday party (Shaun's friend!). It had an awesome theme. - "I can't believe you wore that to my party!" We obviously just went in what we were wearing out for the rest of the night. We played a bit of pool - Mary beat me, then Dwain and Shaun had a game and I have no idea who won....
...because I got attacked. Ok not really - but this guy that Shaun had previously warned us about - he's a bit of (ok he is) an "anti-mormon". And he knows Shaun and likes to have arguments with him. Ok so these guys were playing pool - and the guy we've been warned about comes up to me.
(AM - Anti-mormon; C - Camilla)
AM: So how do you know Shaun?
C: We met him in Adelaide over new years.
AM: Ohhh So you're a Mormon as well then?
C: Yeah I am - we're from Tasmania and met Shaun at our convention.
AM: So what do you think about this doctrine...and this...and this....blah blah blah - bible bash bible bash bible bash.....I think the way you believe this is stupid and stilly and you are hypocrites because.....etc etc etc.
So he was prompting me - he TOTALLY knew already that I was a mormon but just wanted me to say it to his face so that it could open up the conversation for him to be all anti-mormon and bible bash with me.
It somewhat freaked me out!! He would ask what I thought about something but he would never let me answer and acutally give my opinion! Mary and Dwain were watching me to make sure I wasn't freaking out too bad - but after about ten minutes of it - I sneakily sent Mary a message saying "Call me" - that took FOREVER to send because my phone froze!!!! (worst timing ever!!) ANd then Mares took forever to call me because her phone froze too!!! So eventually when Mary did call me - I politely excused myself from the conversation to answer my phone...and me and Mary disappeared outside for like 5 minutes until the guy had left where we were standing so we could go back in!! haha - crazy stuff!!
After we left the party - we headed to the chapel near the temple for a bit of a dance party - the birthday party's theme was the 90's - so lots of old school 90's music to groove too!!
I caught up with Spud (aka Adam) - which was cool!
All in all it was a pretty awesome day - got to meet lots of cool ysa and have a good time!!
Four days down - three to go!!
No comments:
Post a Comment