Friday, March 6, 2009

A sunday in Perth!

Sunday - day five:

On sunday morning we got up early to be ready for church. We went to 9am Sacrament in Meriwa ward, because one of Shaun's friends who is investigating was going to church and so he wanted to go with him. So we rock up to the chapel, walk in the door and the elders are standing at the door to the chapel greeting everyone. I went to shake the first elders hand, happened to glance at the second elder - totally snobbed the first as I was in shock! So apparently Elder Andrew Buckley from Devonport is serving in Meriwa ward!! Haha! He was slightly freakin' out - he was just like - "what the hell are you doing here?" haha - so funny! So we went to sacrament (fast and testimony meeting) and then after sacrament I had a chat with Andrew (I mean Elder Buckley) and talked about his mission and stuff that was going on at home. Sounds like he is really enjoying his mission and have a great time in Perth!

Me and Elder Buckley

After sacrament, we left and headed to Heathridge ward for Sunday school and Relief society. Sunday school was small but good, and relief society was funny as it always is wherever you are. Afterwards this lady came up to us and asked where in Tas we were from etc etc, and then asked our last names. As soon as I said 'Mitchell' she asked if my dad was Brent. Apparently she dated him once or something - freaky!! hahaha.

We were then staying in the same chapel for Joondalup ward whih started at 1pm - Joondalup wards is actually Shaun's ward. So we were roaming around the chapel - and looking at the noticeboard...and waht do ya know - Joondalup ward is Elder Tate's home ward! Tate served in Hobart ward for awhile and he was AWESOME! So he had all these photos he had sent home and they were all from Tassie, and it was really cool to have a look at them. There was randomly a photo of pop on the noticeboard! haha Pop drives (or used to..I don't know if he does anymore) the elders around when they go to the Huon, as they use all their Km's up getting there...and so Tate had a photo of him, Elder Pene and pop in the car! Hilarious!!

The pic of Pop, Tate and Pene!

Look! It's Pene and Tate!!

After YSA sunday school in Joondalup ward...we bailed church early and went to pick up Jarom. We were off to...the PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!!!! (Yes I know it was on a sunday night but it was the only time we could go...as we left on tuesday night and monday night is the night off in the world of theatre!)


We headed in to Burswood, which was pretty cool! SO excited to see Phantom!! I saw it when I was younger when it came to Melbourne, years ago - but it was very very cool to see it now - and with someone who has never seen it before - Miss Mary!! Ohh it was AMAZING! I loved it - especially because it was only about two weeks before that I watched the movie with Jess and Kyle, and so it was so fresh in my mind and I loved seeing how different scenes were directed and choreographed and acted out on stage!! It was very cool - especially when the Chandelier was dropped!! Looooved it! As did Mares, Shaun and Jarom!!

Sunday was a good day!! :-)

Five days down - two to go!!

1 comment:

Collette said...

far out i hate not having the net cause it takes me like FIVE MILLION HOURS to catch up on everyones blogs!! Elder Buckly looks like he's lost some weight! Can't believe you saw phantom...SO JELOUS!!