Happy Fathers Day!
The weekend after father's day, I was in Melbourne for Ethan's birthday, and Mum and Dad were also over (for Ethy's birthday, but also for the Devonport stake temple trip) and so for Dad's Father's day present, I took him to the footy.
Friday night semi-final.
Geelong vs. Fremantle at the MCG.
Geelong flogged freo.
Game was crap.
MCG was rockin' like always.
Crowd was hilarious.
Watching some of the excellent footy players was enjoyable, seeing how they plan plays and direct play from off the ball, which is what you don't see at home on the TV.
We had really really good seats.
So speaking of the crowd, I must recap about this one guy sitting behind us.
He was a geelong supporter.
He was a little chubby.
He had longish curly hair.
It was red.
He had a sign.
On the sign it read...
"Cameron Ling, are you my father?"
It was hilarious.
Every time Lingy touched the ball, he would yell out.
"Nice on Dad, good work Dad, LINGY, look at me, are you my Dad?"
Seriously hilarious.
He really did look like Lingy.
It made my night.
I was going to take a photo of him and his sign, but the he disappeared and never came back.
Because the Friday night game was so crap, we thought we would try our luck again, on saturday night.
At the MCG.
Sydney vs. Bulldogs.
Game was EXCELLENT.
Ended up being super close.
I really enjoyed it.
Even though I hate Sydney.
Sydney lost.
I became a bulldogs supporter for the night and really got in to it.
As soon as the siren sounded though, I became a bulldogs hater, because it was all about them losing the the Saints the next week.
I really love my footy!
Before the game, we had dinner across the road from the 'G' at a french patisserie. They had macarons. I bought a heap. They were a delicious footy snack!
Once again, we had good seats. This time a little further around, just inside the 50, about 6 or so rows from the boundary. Loved it!
I really do love my footy, and it was fun being at some footy finals!

No comments:
Post a Comment