Thursday, July 22, 2010

my childhood bestie is all grown up.

My childhood bestie, Erin, got married on the weekend. Erin and I were best friends when we were one year old. We lived in Launceston and grew up together (til we were around 4 or 5). Our parent's were also really good friends. When we were 4/5ish, Erin's family moved to Sydney. But we have stayed in touch ever since, and I always try to visit them whenever I am in Sydney, or go up specifically to catch up with them.

On the weekend I flew up to Sydney (and Mum and Dad did as well), to head to Erin's wedding reception. Erin and Keegan got married in the Sydney Temple on saturday morning, and held a lovely reception out on the property that Peter works at, the Yindarra Polo Club, in Richmond, west of Sydney.

When the bride and groom arrived at the reception, there was a lovely ring ceremony.


I got to catch up with my buddies, Sophia...


...and Rach!


The girls. Soph, Sarah, Tamara and Rach.

Erin showing off her lovely wedding shoes...her thongs!




Happy bride!


The Pauna cousin's photo! Pity about Erin's eyes being closed!

The lovely couple, Mr and Mrs Byrnes.

Erin and I! Friends for twenty-two years!

1 comment:

The Kings said...

oh that's so great you kept in contact and got to go to her wedding reception - very special.