Monday, September 28, 2009

busy.busy.busy.

I have been SO busy lately, definitely busier than I thought was physically possible. But i thought I should blog my life over the past few months....Not that I can remember a whole lot of it!!

So I guess a lot happened in between my last two posts. The first post being Jess' wedding party, and the second being the nursery rhyme dance.

So since Jess got married and had her reception on July 3:

*Saturday 18th July
The YSA went on a snow trip to Mt field. It turned more in to a hike than a snow trip as there was very little of the white stuff on the ground. When we got to the VERY top we found some snow. There was enough for us to slide around and have a bit of fun!





That night we all went to Elle's for a bit of a Wii night



*Thursday 23rd- Monday 27th July
A little "get-away-from-everything" trip to Melbourne. I went over to visit Andrew, Beth, Ethan, Asher, Emma, Eddy and Tessa. I also caught up with my best friend from primary school and high school, Amy. I stayed at her place one night and we went to see 'Wicked', which was fantastic. I also introduced her (Yes, the Tasmanian introducing the Melbournian to something in Melb) to San Churro, which she loved and was delicious as always!!



Little bubba Asher


San Churro with Amy

Yummo!

*Friday 31st July
A girlie cousins night to the movies to see 'My Sister's Keeper'. We all cried like babies as it was so sad. But the book is WAY better! Definitely read the book before seeing the movie.

*Saturday 1st August
Andrew and Ethan came to Tassie for the weekend. On the Saturday, Mum, Dad, Andrew and Ethan came to Hobart to visit us. it was fun to play with the little boy and muck around with him! He's so cute!!

That night the YSA had a bit of a 'Dance Dance Revolution' Wii party at Elle's

*Friday 7th August
Lab drinks at uni to celebrate the paper getting published! I had my very own bottle of Apple Cider! haha - they look after me well!

That night I went to see GI Joe at the movies with a few people.

*Saturday 8th August
Jess and Kyle were in Hobart. That night we had dinner at Hogsbreath with them, Collette, Hayden, Paul and Alex. It was Hogsbreath's 20th birthday, so they were giving away free mudcake with every steak. Of course this meant we all ordered steak!

After dinner that night, we went to the Tolmans Hill house to help Josh celebrate his birthday.

*Monday 10th August
Another dinner at Hogsbreath for steak and cake. This time with Matty, Nic, Drew, Chris and Paul.

* Friday 14th August
Stake conference weekend. Friday night activity was a stake choral activity that was really good and entertaining, followed by a visit to the bakehouse with the YSA who were at the activity.

* Saturady 15th August
Nan and Pops 60th wedding anniversary. All of the family came over from melbourne and down from Launceston for the big party in the Huon. It was held int the Flakemore's shed and it was awesome, all of the family was there, except for a couple of families.

The three little Mitchell Grandchildren


*Wednesday 19th August
I attended Bill Mahina's (Chris and Muggsy's Dad) funeral. It was really sasd and I really felt for the boys as they were going through such a horrible time.

*Friday 21st August
A cousins 'Dance Dance Revolution' Wii party at Elle's place

*Saturday 22nd August
Open Housing with Kathryn Y, Lisa T, Jess B and Jess K.
Tip shopping and TV smashing with Kathryn Y and Lisa T - yes, we went to the tip shop, bought a ten dollar tv and a two dollar hockey stick, went out the back of nowhere and smashed it to pieces. Really quite fun and therapeutic.


Tip shopping


Before.....





After...





After this we went to touch footy with the missionaries.

That night a few people came over to my place, we had Annapurna for dinner and watched a few movies (Fiona B was visiting from Melbourne)

*Sunday 23rd August
YSA fireside at the kasinak's place. It was on marriage and was actually really good. It was run by Tom and Jenny Wright, Margaret and John Jury, and Steve and Monika Kasiniak.

*Friday 28th August
YSA Nursery Rhyme Dance



******* Not to mention all of the weekly things that occured in this time**********
*Basketball every thursday with a fun group of girls: Elle, Mary, Lisa and Brielle
* Institute every thursday night
* Getting sick about three times in this two month period
* weekly or bi-weekly late night eperiments in the lab doing turning assays.
*Weekly Tuesday night 'Packed to the Rafters' Parties at my place with Coll and Elle
* Sunday dinners at Matt and Nic's place
* Lots of crazy hours spent at uni doing experiments and writing my thesis.



Oh...and random moments that don't really fit anywhere....

Being in the lab late at night and discovering something on a poster of biochemical pathways in the hallway. I never knew that the process of endocytosis was also called "kiss & Run". I found this amusing at midnight.


Having pictures stuck on the wall in the office next to my desk, coloured in and drawn by my supervisors daughter, Lucia.

Finding comics in the mercury that we found amusing as it applied to all of us lab people!

No comments: