Thursday - day two:
We headed off on a day trip to Fremantle!! Yay! I have always wanted to go to Fremantle so I was a tad excited!! We went with our (very tall) friend Shane, who very kindly drove us there!!
Me and Mares in the car - I have NO idea what was so funny
When we got to Freo we parked and headed off to explore...after taking some photos with Shane...
Of course Fremantle has lots of anchors for us to play on....
...we Finally got a good one! It took awhile - and we were both freaking out
cuz they were rather large and so were both up kinda high,
even though it doesn't look like it!
Out the front...
We wandered down to the waters edge, and jumped (in Shane's case) and Climbed (in our case) on to the old jetty and snapped some photos...
We went for a trip to the Fremantle Maritime Museum...
We wandered through the streets of Fremantle in the afternoon...
...and stumbled across Fremantle Oval - Home of the Fremantle Football Club!!
So we took some photos which totally made us look like we were Freo supporters
(which me and Mary definitely are NOT - but Shane is so it was ok!!)
We also stopped in to Cold Rock on the way!! Yummo!
I got strawberry gelato, with raspberries and skittles! So good!!
For the rest of the afternoon we went on a tour of the Old Fremantle Prison! It was a very cool tour, and we had some fun taking photos of ourselves in the prison!!
Us trying to look tough!! I think this photo is kinda cool!
And Mares in Solitary....
All the prisoners got given was a bucket and a bible.
After the tour was over, we went for a wander through the prison art gallery, and wandered back through the town of Fremantle, with a stop in at the most expensive hotel in Freo - just to have a squiz around the lobby!
We jumped back in the car and headed off back to Joondalup. On the way home, Shane was teaching me how to do a rubiks cube. He was driving though. So for a big chunk of the way home, he would show me how to do a move while I held onto the steering wheel and drove, then we'd swap and I'd attempt it...and then I'd drive again while he did more of the cube!! Poor Mary sitting in the back watching me drive the car from the passengers seat!!!
After getting back from Freo, going for a quick shop (and yes, we bought stuff!) at the Joondalup shopping centre (where Shaun bought the new Beyonce album which was to become our favourite car album for the trip), and having dinner at Shaun's place....we headed off to Shaun's dance class, with a quick stop at the Temple along the way...
Two days down - five to go!!
No comments:
Post a Comment