So I graduated from uni today! It was a bit exciting really. We all had to meet at youtharc down near the hospital at 1.15pm - because our graduation ceremony ( faculty of Health Science) was the first ever ceremony in Hobart to do the "Town & Gown" parade, like they do in Launceston. It was so much fun!! We walked from youth arc in collins street, across the road form the clinical school, up around the hospital and the new menzies building, and down the the grand chancellor...a very health science related walk.
Our degree (Bachelor of Medical Research) got to wear the pretty dark purple sashes. We were stoked, we thought we might end up with the lilac one (which isn't all that nice) but that's for the med students ( haha).
It was pretty funny though, because we graduate with all these degrees that have heaps of people in them, like pharmacy and medicine, and then there is our degree....we had a total of ELEVEN graduates. Seven girls and four boys!! Tiny! What's funnier is that we started off in first year with roughly 35 people in our course. Crazy really! Most of the changed courses or quit or something...a couple didn't graduate but will next semester.
So here's some photos from the big day. Our ceremony was down at Federation Hall, and the Hotel Grand Chancellor.
(Oh and I had a hair cut the day before - so I have a new hair do as well!!)
Excited to graduate!!
All the boys - Fonz, Nathan, Ben and Cameron
Lils & Mills!
It's Ruth! She started first year with us, but moved to QLD to do medicine after the first year. She got to see us graduate because her brother was graduating from Med at the same time as us!!
The best piece of paper!
Celebrating afterwards! Me and Lucy
9 comments:
whooo.. congratultions!! I've said it already.. but I am saying it again...
Congrats Camilla!!! So nice when you are finished hey!? So are you finished for good now? Are you looking for work or do you have a position already or what's the plans???
Thanks Lisa. Nah, I'm not finished for good yet...this is just part one. I'm doing Honours next year, and after that hopefully will get a job or might just continue on at uni forever. haha.
CONGRATULATIONS! Well done Camilla.
You don't scrub up too bad for a bunch of Nerds (well you would think people who have Batchelor of Medical Research degrees would be nerds)
Congratulations Camilla!! BTW your hair looks really great!
yes well done darling girl! We are proud of you here! xox
Yea that purple is nice. It's probably worth all that study just so you can wear that purple sach. I wish I had a bit of paper though..I just have an A4 size piece of paper that goes in my printer...and it's blank.
Anyway congrats. Can't wait to read your holiday adventures..
So this was really crazy for me to see because I totally know Amal (I think)! Sister Luo and I taught a Muslim couple in Sandy Bay, and Amal was there for a couple of lessons because they were friends. She was so sweet to us! How awesome! :)
Congratulations Camilla!!!
Post a Comment