Friday, May 30, 2008

Is that a camel?



When I went to Sydney the other weekend (16th May), my friend Sophia picked me up from the airport.  So we were driving along, driving along as soph was taking me to her place....and she starts telling me this story that sums up the last 3 months of stuff that's been happening.  

So we are driving, she is talking, I'm listening, more driving....then all of a sudden... 

"I think I just missed the turn off".  

Oh well, we say, and we keep on driving.  For some unknown reason, we never pulled off or turned around or anything for like...at least another 20 or 30 minutes after missing our turn off.  So eventually, we decide we should turn around and also buy petrol as we were nearly out.  We do just this. We stop in this little town thats at least 40 kms out of the way from where we want to be and get petrol.  So we head back onto the road, miss the turn off that gets us back onto the motorway, and in the process of turning around again to get on the right road we are once again talking.

 In the middle of her sentence, Soph randomly goes... "Is that a camel?" 

Obviously I reply with "what?" and she repeats herself... 

"is that a camel?"

I look out the window and in wonder and amazement reply with a "yes!" 

So there was this random camel in the middle of a paddock in the middle of no where, all alone. We found this extremely amusing, were crying because we were laughing so hard, and pulled over to take a photo.

There we have it kids....the story of "is that a camel?"

No comments: